If I had $100 for every time I’ve heard or read someone say that you can’t be a genuine scientist and believe in biblical creationism, I’d be as wealthy as Donald Trump. Many claim that biblical creationists are living centuries in the past and need to catch up to modern science and technology.
The fact is there are thousands of very qualified and professional scientists around the world that believe in biblical creationism. Some are professors at renowned and prestigious universities colleges around the globe. Many others work for research labs and private companies.
One of those scientists is Dr. D. Russell Humphries, whom I’ve had the privilege to know personally for the past 20 years. Russ earned a degree in physics from Duke University and a Ph.D. in physics from LSU. In 1979, he started working at the prestigious Sandia National Laboratory in New Mexico. Initially he worked on nuclear physics, geophysics, pulsed-power research and theoretical atomic and nuclear physics. In 1985 he started working on Sandia’s ‘Particle Beam Fusion Project’ and was the co-inventor of special laser-triggered ‘Rimfire’ high-voltage switches that are now in common use. He retired from Sandia in 2001.
A list of Russ’s research projects include:
- Designed and theoretically analyzed thermonuclear fusion targets using radiation hydrodynamic codes.
- Designed key high-voltage parts of Sandia’s 100-Terawatt Particle Beam Fusion Accelerator II and conducted fusion power experiments on it. Same designs are in use today on Sandia’s Z machine.
- Research on low-temperature solids and studies on superconductors.
- Nuclear weapons projects, including stockpile engineering for W87 firing set.
- More at GodfatherPolitics
However, if you ask Russ, his greatest achievement in life occurred in 1969 when he accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior while working on his doctoral dissertation. From that time on, Russ saw the evidence of a Creator God in every aspect of his years of science research.
On one of the occasions when I had a chance to sit down with Russ Humphries, he explained to me his theory on the creation of the earth and universe based upon a literal reading of Genesis 1. I’ll paraphrase it for you here:
Read more at GodfatherPolitics